TITLE: Employment Training Specialist
Pay: Depending on experience
DUTIES: Responsible for providing job development, training, and on-going support for adults with special needs seeking and being placed in community employment. Provides ongoing support to worker, family, employer and other service providers to ensure successful worker adjustment and performance.
HOURS: Are based on Employment Training needs and will include in office hours.
- Full job description available upon request
- BA or BS in human services or a combination of college education in business administration and/or equivalent education/degree. Experience with special needs individuals in provider role.
- Must successfully complete Employment Training Specialist Certification Training.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with no more than two (2) moving violations within the past three (3) years.
- Must have reliable/insurable transportation.
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or relevant social service experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the demands of the consumer’s employment objectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Internet and database formats.
- Must sign a Non-solicitations agreement.
- Have an interest in and empathy for persons with developmental disabilities.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with consumers and other staff.
- Meet Limited criminal history requirements for the organization
APPLY AT: Wabash Center, Inc./www.wabashcenter.com or submit and internal application